Sunday, May 17, 2009

More Family and Trixie Drama

It's always fun to meet new people. My mom's cousin Tom came into town for work this weekend and we got to meet up for dinner last night. I had never met Tom so it was fun getting to know him. It was also fun to hear his stories about my mom! I forgot to take pictures (sorry Mom) but I got this one off his facebook.

Tom, we had so much fun last night! Thanks for going out with us (and paying for dinner too)!!

Trixie, Trixie, Trixie...what can I say about this silly-head doggy? Or should we say, Laura, Laura, Laura... what are we going to do with you?? Today, I thought I'd give Trixie a doggy spa day where I brushed her hair and teeth, gave her a bath and clipped her nails. Well, thats what we were calling it so she would like it. (not that she understands us anyways) All was going well, until I was clipping the last nails on her last paw. I cut two of them too far and she started bleeding...profusely!

Naturally, I freaked out thinking she was going to die of blood loss or something. I got it to stop bleeding, then gave her a bath and began to dry her(using the laser light, of course). When all of a sudden I see blood on my carpet. I examine more and find out there is a blood trail from where Trixie was running. I continued to freak out. Long story short, the bleeding is stopped now. We put some hydrogen proxide to clean it out and ointment to seal it and then put an old sock on her leg so she wouldn't lick it. She does not look very happy. I'm sorry my little puppy!! :(

1 comment:

Katie said...

there's actually a gel that stops the bleeding if you cut their little nails too short. it's called styptic. it's great we've had to use it a few times.