Tuesday, November 10, 2009

An Unusual Birthday

Its no fun being sick. But whats worse...being sick on your birthday! Last week I got a sinus infection, which I've gotten at least once a year since I moved to Arizona. I desperatly wanted to get rid of it in time for my birthday but to my dismay, I didn't.

Mondays are my day off so I spent my birthday watching season 3 of Heroes. Kirk surprised me by coming home at noon with flowers, a card and my favorite root beer. He is so sweet!I felt bad for him because I think he wanted to spend some time with me but he came home to find me blowing out boggies and hacking up mucus. Sexy, I know.

But sick or not, I was not gonna miss my annual birthday dinner at Joe's BBQ. Mmmm... I know your jealous! We go there twice a year, once for my birthday and once for Kirks. Its the best BBQ joint in Arizona! So I held in my sickness for one night of pure food heaven! But all that holding in came out when we got home and I felt sicker than ever! Oh, I hate being sick!

And to top it all off, my birthday present is happening tonight. I told Kirk all I wanted was a ticket to a concert. Which concert you say? Only the best band in the world! HANSON!! Yep, I'm talking about the teenie-boppin' boy band! Oh man, I'm so excited! If only I wasn't so dang sick still!!! Ugh! Well, you know the drill now, I'm gonna suck it up for one magical night of re-living my teenage fantasies! And in case you're worried...I'll have a special blog dedicated to Hanson! :)

1 comment:

Devin & Ruthann said...

Sorry you were sick! I didn't know Hansen even made music still! Haha! You're awesome!