Monday, October 27, 2008

No time is just not an excuse anymore...

I promised myself that when I quit my full time job I was gonna blog more. But its been a week and I haven't really kept up. I guess I will use the "I'm lazy" excuse!

Working at the salon full time has been so great! I'm not that busy yet but I know I'll get there. I just love being able to talk to people every day and help them look good and feel better about themselves. It's very rewarding! My schedule is Tuesday 1-8, Wed thru Fri 10-4 and Saturday 9-6. Kirk is liking it too because he can work the early shift from 7-4 so we're both home a couple hours earlier which is super nice!

On the flip side of quitting my job, I've found that its really hard to get things done when you have alot of free time. I have a task list of about a hundred things and about a hundred more things that I want to learn to do but I can never seem to organize myself. I can organize an office, no problem, but when it comes to my life, I think I'm just too impatient. I like everything right here, right now and I don't like coming up with ideas on how to get things done. If anyone has suggestions on this, please let me know! Or, if anyone wants to organize it for me... Just Kidding!

I guess this is good practice for when I am a stay at home mom. If I can learn to organize myself now, then when I have kids and more activities, it will be easier for me to control. At least, that is what I keep telling myself!

As far as news goes, my dad came into town last week for a couple days to trade cars. He took my brothers old Saturn that has been sitting in my driveway, broken, for more than a year and gave me his 1991 Chevy Caprice that he doesn't want to drive anymore. Thanks Dad! Let me tell ya though, this car, nicknamed "The Boat" is SWEET! Just ask anyone that has taken a ride with me so far! It has bench seats, nice maroon interiors, automatic locks and windows and a freakin' awesome stereo with a tape player included! Yeah, so if you ever feel like rockin' it out to Disney or Classical, call me anytime!

4 comments:

The Herberts said...

How fun! I'm happy for you and all your new found free time and more time with the hubby! If you ever want to pick me up and drag Main - that is Main through Copper Basin - I'm in! Sweet Car!

Melissa @ House on a Hill said...

I love this car! How awesome! Freakin sweet ride you got there. I will go cruisin anytime.

Rusty and Ashley said...

Totally know what you mean about the free time. I think it's totally different than being a stay at home mom. The only advice I can give is make lots of to-do-lists and make yourself stick to them. If I didn't, I would accomplish nothing during the day. Congrats x's a hundred on the release of a few of your hours during the day. You really deserve it! Pamper yourself a little while you have the time.

Rachel Chesley said...

Wow, I love that car! I remember when I drove it. The boat definitly has style. Can you imagine me learning to drive in that car. Scary! I am glad you are doing something you love to do; you better enjoy it!!
-Rachel