Friday, October 23, 2009

iTri....Literally


I guess I should make a post about the triathalon, since its been a week. I have to say that I've had mixed feelings about how I did. Don't get me wrong or anything, I had fun. Really... I had fun swimming till I was out of breath, biking till my legs felt like they would fall off and running almost until the point of heat exhaustion. Its amazing what the human body can do. I hope that 30, 40 even 50 years down the line, I can keep my body healthy so I can accomplish something just as great. I'd recommend competing in a triathalon to anyone.

Mentally, I think I could have done better. I knew going into the race that I wouldn't come anywhere near to first place. Once I got there, everyone was so pumped and ready to go. They all had so much energy. I felt like I just wanted to get this thing over with. I had no energy, no matter how much I tried. Not a good attitude. I think I would have done alot better if I had the same excited, or dare I say, giddy attitude that everyone else did. When we were all done, I didn't want to talk to anyone or be around anyone because I was so mentally drained from, well, myself.

But....I FINISHED the race. That's what matters. I didn't do horrible and I didn't finish last. It's a great accomplishment to say that you've done a triathalon. And now I can check that off my 'Life's To-Do List.' Well, I really don't have one of those, but if I did, that would have been on it!

I do want to give a special shout out to my wonderful hubby, Kirk. He is so supportive of everything I do. I don't think I could have done this without him. He ran with me the whole time. He was SO great!

Anyways, here's some highlight pictures of race day.
Getting ready to start swimming

Transitioning to the bike

Dana and I running to the finish line

This is my favorite picture...Me DONE!

Most of the people who competed

1 comment:

The Mecham Family said...

Great job!!!!!! You are awesome! I salute you!