Friday, October 2, 2009

We'll Love You Forever, Grandpa!


Last week, Kirk's Grandpa Spencer passed away. He suffered much in the last couple years of his life so while its sad for us that he's gone, its comforting to know he's no longer in pain.

During our time in Utah surrounded by family and friends, I got to learn alot more about this amazing man. Having only been in the family for 5 years, (most of which he was in and out of the hospital) I didn't know him all that well. I now know that he was a jokster. He loved teasing and playing practical jokes on everyone. One cousin recalled a story about how while she was in the bathroom he changed her milk to buttermilk and laughed so hard when she came back and tasted it! He also loved clocks. I think Grandma said there were about 20 some-odd clocks in their house, alot of which were coo-coo clocks. Grandpa also liked to play games. His favorite, and the one he's most famous for playing is Greed. Grandpa's kids each threw in a die with the casket, in memory.

I'm grateful to know that we will see him again. I feel so blessed to be a part of the Spencer family. And also that they treat me as if I've been with them for eons. Heavenly Father does have a plan for each of us. He knows when we've finished our work here on earth and when we are needed more on the other side.

Here are a few pictures of our time together with family and friends as we celebrated the life of Norman Darwin Spencer. We love you, Grandpa!

No comments: