Friday, October 30, 2009

Another Great Loss


Last weekend we had another tragic loss in our family. My uncle Eric ended his life; he was only 39. It came as a big shock to me, of course, and I had a really hard time dealing with and accepting this loss. All the other people I have known to pass away were either really old or sick. But not Eric. He was in great shape and very young. As I went up to the funeral, I prayed and prayed to gain the knowledge and peace I had been looking for. And I found it, in my Grandpa.

My Grandpa is a very smart man. He, almost immediatly, found peace with what happened. He has been a strong rock to our family during this difficult time. He told me that Heavenly Father has a place for all of his children. He never forgets them and He knows them, inside and out. Heavenly Father knows what kind of a man my uncle was and the good intentions he had. He knows that Eric struggled with alot of things he couldn't control. He also has a plan for each of his children, that I know more than anything.

I know without a doubt that he is with his loved ones, my Grandma and his big sister he never met on Earth. I know that he is being taught and I hope that he accepts it. I have a feeling he will. I know that if I live worthy in this life, I will have the opportunity to at least see him again.

I will always remember when my quiet and reserved uncle burst into song on the way to the airport singing 'Knowing me, Knowing you' by ABBA. And how safe I felt when he took me on a motorcycle ride; he was so proud of that bike! He was such a great uncle and I will love him forever. I'll miss you, Uncle Eric!

2 comments:

The Mecham Family said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. That is so sad. I'm glad you have such a smart grandpa to help comfort you!

Katie said...

i'm so sorry for your loss.